Monday, June 23, 2008

Like a thief in the night

Let me share an experience with an interesting person.


He’s a relative of mine who came to visit us for a week. He’s a millionaire from a neighboring country. A simple man who brought with him only a small bag to fit his laptop and maybe a set of clothes. Strangely but yes, he does sound like a hippie who travels around and he indeed acts like one.


I remember being very excited whenever he comes visit because he would bring toys when I was younger. But after the long absence in our life, everything about him seems to change.


All he does most of the time at our living room was looking at his laptop, browsing through news or he’ll be playing with market shares. It was ‘fun’ having him around, as he is a man who hardly communicates but speaks empty promises. When he suggested buying me and bro a car to share, which is when it all begin. He’s signature speech – words without actions. I just gave him a fake smile and a ‘ ya right’ thought in my mind and I just wondered how nice if he would only meant what he says. Well, my bro got so excited when I told him, silly him for getting so excited.


Then few days later when we were talking about laptop, he said he can get me one too. Yes, I know I’ll never get one from him! That’s because he’s a mind calculator who calculates every penny he can save, and every way he can earn them. That’s weird for a millionaire I’m writing about here. He even told my aunt that he want to buy us siblings each a house. All sorts of purchases he’s been talking of making but somehow after going through his mind, it all ended up making him silent about his promises.


Some attitudes of his is just unbearable.


After dropping me off the other day at college, he said he might be able to send me back home. When I ask him to sms me or give me a call to inform me if he's able to, he said he would rather not because he could missed call me instead. When my class ended, I tried calling him but he dint picked up and I did not receive any missed call either. I got a lift from my lecturer instead. I’m really pissed at these kind of situations.


What on earth is he spending his money on? You can’t take them with you after death! Is not like you are saving up so much money to give to the poor or charity…


One night while watching tv with him, he really irritates me with his nonstop humming! hmmm. hmm... Then at midnight, he packs up his thing and drove home. After he left, I just felt like he had stolen something from us, hard to explain the feeling, it’s like a disappointment feeling but the word 'stolen' just came into my mind. As if he just rip my heart away and drove home.


Today, my mum said that her collection of 5 cents coins is missing since his stay. Wow, he even took our 5 cent coins thinking that we don’t use them. Gosh! You should see how he washes his hand, he uses drips form the tap! He doesn’t even washes his own plate, maybe because he can’t stand seeing money flow down the drain!


You disgusts me!


Let’s just all laugh about it! Hahaha.. you silly man!


No comments: