Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fake Guava anyone?

Yuck!

I remember receiving mails about fruit venders selling fake guava called apple-guava, a “hybrid fruit”


It would be interesting to have a look at it though but as time went by, I never got a chance to see it until one fine day!


My sis went to Penang for work and on her way home, she and her colleagues bought this apple-guava. None of them have heard of it before, so everyone bought it for RM4 to try. So expensive la!


My sis bought 2. Yesterday when I was having dinner, my mum asked me to try the “new” fruit, apple guava.


One look at it, I told my mum “oh, this is the fake fruit la! Last time got an email about this ma…”


My mum said “Are you sure? I too read before in mails.”


“Yes! Look at the skin, its so fake!” I said


My brother come dashing to the dining table and said “No la! They just add apple taste to it la!”


Oh, wow.. That spells D U M B!


no, they don’t put apple taste to it! They cut off the guava skin and soaked them in sugar water with food colouring. That’s how they do it. To not know anything and simply make judgments is so freaking dumb! He thinks he’s so smart ah! There is a wise saying “it is better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and to remove all doubt” Yes, exact words of wisdom for him. In case if he’s reading this and don’t understands, it means that it’s better to not say anything if u don’t know anything, because when you do, people know you are stupid!


Ok.. That’s enough.


As I was still not very sure about it so I tested it after dinner, the greenish skin taste sweet. And the inner flash taste just like guava. Confirm fake la! Curious as I was, I did some experiment with it!


Look closely at the skin, it’s a little translucent. The colour also looks fake.


I only had a small piece of guava, so I tried to soak it in blue food colouring.


This is when I slice the top part away.


As you can see the food colouring sticks easily on the skin. But it did not reach all the way in like the green colour, they could have soaked it longer. Whatever that they do to make this special fake fruit is not good! Food colouring is not good! Fruits are meant to be natural!


While searching about this fake fruit on the net, I found this fake hair pic:

So cute!


.

No comments: